General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am I going mad?!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 3 Jan 2005 11:20

I came on here briefly last night to let you know that my Grandad had passed away and noticed I had one message in my inbox on the site. I had a quick read of it and decided I would leave it and reply today. Just gone to have a look now and it's gone! Can you delete a message once you've sent it? Or have I finally lost the plot! Jeanette x

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 3 Jan 2005 11:22

jeanette once youve clicked on it it disappears. it will be the top entry in your message list though ,if this helps. susie

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Jan 2005 11:22

Jeanette Sorry to hear your sad news. No, you're not going nuts, just look further down the board. Regards to you and yours, Patricia

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 3 Jan 2005 11:29

Hi Glitter No it's not in My Contacts either. The lady had quite an unusual name too. The first message in my Inbox is now the one She sent me the day before yesterday. Jeanette x

valinkent

valinkent Report 3 Jan 2005 11:37

Jeanette Sorry to hear your sad news . Val

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 3 Jan 2005 11:46

Ok Glitter. Thanks for taking the time to look. Patricia, Val and Paul Thanks for your messages. Grandad had said a few times recently he'd lived too long, bless him. I know he wasn't afraid to die and he will be happily reunited with his family - especially my Grandma who he has missed since she died 42 years ago. Jeanette x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jan 2005 11:57

Sorry to hear your sad news jeanette. You will be feeling sad to lose him, but, as you say, he was probably ready to leave. Take care love Ann Glos

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 3 Jan 2005 13:08

Hi Jeanette, So sorry to hear your news :O( Perhaps the person who mailed you has deleted you from their contacts list - I believe this deletes any messages in your own message centre, so maybe it deletes messages sent to others too ???

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 3 Jan 2005 13:14

Jeanette, I was so very sorry to hear that your Grandad had passed away. He is not having to suffer any more and is at peace. Thinking of you at this time. love, Sue X

Tudor

Tudor Report 3 Jan 2005 13:34

Jeanette I'm so sorry to hear about your granddad! But he is at peace now and free of all pain for evermore. Remember him with love, and remember him, too, as he was!

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 3 Jan 2005 14:56

I am so sorry to hear of your Grandfather's loss. Life ends but the memories are always there. Love to you and your family. Linda x

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 3 Jan 2005 15:00

Jeanette, So sorry to hear of your loss. thinking of you Viv

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 3 Jan 2005 15:47

I am sorry to hear about your grandad-Hugs Rose

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 3 Jan 2005 15:50

Jeanette, So sorry to hear about your grandad. My thoughts are with you. Jean x.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 3 Jan 2005 16:13

Jeanette So sorry to hear about your Grandad. Thinking of you. Chrissie x