General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Live Aid DVD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Jan 2005 12:03

has anyone else got the live aid dvd ..................... i got it for christmas and think its brilliant ...................... brings back the memories of that day ..................... lou

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Jan 2005 12:12

i wud have loved to go to it but i had just had a baby (who was very ill wen born so wudnt have left him to go to it anyway) did watch it all though at the time :-)

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Jan 2005 12:14

paul ul have to show them this thread lol

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2005 12:57

I got the Live Aid dvd for Christmas. Brilliant isnt it, especially Queen. I have got the Freddie Mercury tribute concert on video. Try Amazon Margaret

John

John Report 3 Jan 2005 13:44

There are some of the Freddie Tribute Concert DVDs to be "won" on ebay.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Jan 2005 16:51

margaret im not sure which is my fav bit so i have to keep watching it ................ lol john wat do u mean by "won" :-)

John

John Report 3 Jan 2005 17:27

Lou, my wife gets into Ebay now and again. She'll say, "Oh I won a certain lot on ebay today." That makes me laugh, as I think that winning something means you got it for free. On ebay, winning a lot means you have to pay for it!

Andy

Andy Report 3 Jan 2005 17:29

As said before Strump, apart from Bob Dylan!

Sue

Sue Report 3 Jan 2005 17:48

I was hoping for it but didnt get it :( My boss gave me an Xmas bonus so I think I will spend it on the Live Aid DVD :) My claim to fame here is that my mum made the black leather coat and trousers that Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet is wearing at Live Aid! Sue

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 3 Jan 2005 18:34

Evening Lou, did get it for Daughter, but don't think she has looked at it yet! :)

Deborah

Deborah Report 3 Jan 2005 19:35

Hi Lou, Yes! I bought it for hubby for Christmas, ain't it brill!!?? I'm old enought to remember watching it on TV. Just as good 2nd time round Debbie

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Jan 2005 21:27

i still cry at the report about the starving people