General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Got to give my bunny a bath

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 12:07

One of my bunnies, Pepper, suffers from a condition known as "sticky bottom" normally we take her to the vets for a wash up but they have said we can do this ourselves with a bit of baby shampoo. Problem is hubby is not good with strong smells, especially the ones of poo variety. It's a two man job cleaning her as you need one to hold and one to wash. Do you think if he smears vicks under his nose it'll disguise the smell?

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 3 Jan 2005 12:09

oooer vicks under his nose surgical mask balaclava hat goggles marigolds Pinny..... E x :o))

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 12:13

Elaine and Glitter, I know what you mean! I'm not looking forward to it either! lol I can see it already ending up as a major pantomime. He'll drop her, we'll spend the afternoon chasing her round trying to catch her...

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 12:15

It don't quite work like that Paul ! lol She has to go to the vets next week as one of eyes has started weeping too (poor little thing) but I can't let her go with a big ball of poo stuck to her fur.

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 12:16

Dave!!! How could you say that! lol

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 3 Jan 2005 18:49

Errm, did you manage to bath the bunny Naomi, bet she's smelling nice and sweet now! :))

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 19:56

Well it wasn't too bad. She didn't smell so much as a lot of it had dried so I cut a fair chunk of poo off with nail scissors. He only dropped her once but it was onto the towel covered sofa so she was safe. I didn't manage to get it all off though as she had some sore bits so it'll have to be a trip to the vets anyway :0(