General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've been to the Doctors, UPDATE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jo

Jo Report 3 Jan 2005 14:35

UPDATE.. Went to work this morning and was told to go to Doctors, Dr told me I have laryngitis and a chest infection, gave me antibiotics and has told me to rest for a few days. So here I am, at home, throwing up (infection on chest), cant talk, feel guilty for not being and work and feel really sorry for myself.

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 3 Jan 2005 14:38

Joanne, if you can get hold of some Vocalzone lozenges or, even better, a spray called "Chloraseptic"(?) - check the name, it's a fantastic throat spray - then it'll help your voice. Good luck, wish you better. Glenys x Just remembered, it's Bank Holiday today. Don't know if there's a chemist for you to visit. Sorry.

Jo

Jo Report 3 Jan 2005 14:39

Tell me about it, hubby thinks its great!!! There are no chemists open today where I live and the Doctors is also closed...

Slinky

Slinky Report 3 Jan 2005 14:48

Sounds revolting I know, but try gargling with salt water...it does help. Hope you feel better soon. Anne.

Mags

Mags Report 3 Jan 2005 14:53

In a word DON'T If you strain to talk after laryngitis it could make matters worse. The voice has to come back naturally - when the vocal chords have truly recovered. Is it possible for you to call in work today and 'say' that you have no voice and unless there is any other work you can do then you will be taking an extended break?? I had no voice much for nearly 3 weeks after the plane trip to NZ - (all those people all those germs?? Wonderfully quiet for everyone! lol) Hope you feel better soon Magsxx

Jo

Jo Report 4 Jan 2005 15:03

Message updated Thanks for all your help, today I feel much worse, keep being sick and feel really sorry for myself.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 4 Jan 2005 15:35

Hope you are feeling better sweetie...

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 4 Jan 2005 15:37

You poor thing. Don't feel at all guilty. I'm back at work today and it's pants!! Drink as much liquid as you can and let others pamper you. Jack x

Samantha

Samantha Report 4 Jan 2005 15:39

i know how you feel joanne my voice only came back today...........i dont think my voice likes me thats the second time i have lost it in the past 6 weeks

June

June Report 4 Jan 2005 15:41

Joanne, you do really need to rest and not rush things, work will still be there when you get better. Take care June xx

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 4 Jan 2005 15:53

When I lost my voice I was eating ICE CREAM most of the day. That's all I could keep down and really cools the throat. Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 15:58

Joanne Save your strength for giving up the fags. Remember your throat needs to recover, just as any other part of your body that's been ill would. nell