General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm lost

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 15:42

It's been so long since I did any actual "research" that now I'm lost and don't know where I am with it all. Oh Dear!

Helen in Berkshire

Helen in Berkshire Report 3 Jan 2005 15:45

Hi Naomi How far did you get the last time you tried? Have you still got your tree on Genes R? Give us more info. and I'm sure someone will be able to help - don't give up! Helen

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 15:53

Thanks Helen. The problem is I do most of my research during my lunch hour at work and have FTM on my work and home pc's. I then upload to GR, Tribl Pages and Genecircles! I've uploaded my tree from GR to my home pc today as I got the new FTM for Christmas and a new pc. I'm also a real flibbertygibbet and go from one branch to another. I guess I'll get back into the swing of it when I'm back at work. Naomi x

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 3 Jan 2005 15:54

Naomi, Take a deep breath, get out all your files and papers, switch on your computer, go away and make a cup of tea/coffee and just sift slowly through all your research. You will soon find a starting point. (In my case 20 starting points as I'm always forgetting where I am and have to start a new line). Hope you are keeping well and look forward to seeing you at the London meet. Jean x.

Helen in Berkshire

Helen in Berkshire Report 3 Jan 2005 15:57

I see your problem! Hope the new PC and program are working well - they sound like very nice presents. Good luck with sorting yourself out - I don't think anyone else can really do it for you, so all the best.........!

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 16:12

Cheers Jean & Helen. I think I'm just going to have to sit down and go through it all. At least it'll re-acquaint me with my rellies! I'd forgotten all about the meet-up until I saw the thread again yesterday so definitely have that to look forward to. Naomi x

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 16:50

I envy you having a year off Dave! I finished for Christmas on 17th Dec and go back to work tomorrow. Dreading it.