General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Back to school...HORAH!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 3 Jan 2005 17:07

My little darlings go back to school tomorow, well 3 of them anyway. What will i do with all that peace and quiete? LOL!

Sue

Sue Report 3 Jan 2005 17:11

My 4 Grandchildren go back tomorrow, but the 3 youngest have an inset day this Friday! What a nightmare for working mothers! Sue xx

Emma

Emma Report 3 Jan 2005 17:13

It annoys me when schools do that, they just go back and then they have another day off!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 3 Jan 2005 17:14

My eldest goes back to school tomorrow but the youngest has been given an extra day off as the school performed so well in the offstead report. Get them back to school I say and keep the standards up! lol Jeanette x

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 3 Jan 2005 17:35

Ours don't go back until Thursday. They have been off 3 weeks now. I will actually miss my little horror!! think I'm in the minority, but I am worried about having to get up early again, can I do it?! :-))) Kim

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jan 2005 17:47

I work in a school and for once my children go back on Wednesday and I go a day later. Our Inset Days are generally fixed to be at the beginning of the term which works better. I've also got one coming up when my kids are at school, yippee! nell not looking forward to getting up early again!

Andy

Andy Report 3 Jan 2005 17:49

Not what my eldest is thinking, she teaches English at a boys school!

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 3 Jan 2005 18:24

Mine won't go back until Friday!! They have an inset day and a strike day this week. He's bored stupid and I'm going quietly potty.

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 3 Jan 2005 18:28

Hi Mine go back on Wednesday - my youngest starts reception - I'm so sad. Like a mini empty nest syndrome :-( Penny

Debbie

Debbie Report 3 Jan 2005 21:56

Sheila Why are yours having a strike day? Mine go back tuesday and I can honestly say I will miss them. I think they could do with one more week. They have had so many late nights we have been out alot, and I think this week should be to wind down at home playing with their toys. and it was my little girls birthday yesterday and she hasnt had a proper chance to play. And I dont think we are going to be able to get up in the morning.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 3 Jan 2005 22:09

The assistant teachers have been striking in Brighton for the last month or so. They started by closing the school for half days then decided to do full days. I think they lost nearly two weeks of schooling last term.

Debbie

Debbie Report 3 Jan 2005 22:11

Thanks Sheila. We havnt had no problems down our way.

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2005 22:13

I will miss my daughter very much. She is 18 and in the 6th form, but I have never felt this overwhelming relief when they go back to school. I love having her around and when she eventually leaves home I will be lost.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 3 Jan 2005 22:16

Well if they get their pay rise I expect other towns will follow. I don't object to the pay rise (couldn't pay me enough personally!) but I don't think it's fair the kids suffer.