General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contact

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 3 Jan 2005 17:40

Can you help a newcomer please? If someone replies to a message I put in Trying to Find - does the reply come on this site only, or to my home email? Also, if I find a name on the database search which is vital to me ( as I have done) I can see who put it on, but is there a way of finding when it was posted? I can't get a reply from the member who put this name on and I am beginning to wonder if he put it there a year or so ago and he does not visit the site anymore? I suppose the final question is, can we find when someone last visited the site? I can't see how, but I am a beginner. Thanks if you can help

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jan 2005 17:45

John I can't help with most of your query, sorry, but I do know that whenever anyone replies or posts to me on this site I also get an e-mail from GR telling me so. nell

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 3 Jan 2005 17:59

Hi John If someone replies to a message you put on the actual email will go through the site but you will be informed by GC on your home email that it is there. If you make the initial contact with someone who is no longer a member they are still able to read your message - unless they have changed thier email address of course! Jeanette x