General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how to put photos to disc

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 3 Jan 2005 21:25

hi there can anyone please tell me how to put photos from MY DOCUMENTS onto a CD please. I have tried copying them but the pc wont accept it . I have some important family photos to send to people but cant find a way forward at present. many thanks

Bob

Bob Report 3 Jan 2005 21:33

You will require a CD burning program such as Nero. You have to place the files in an image to burn and let the program do it. You can not move files in the normal way between drives. Bob

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jan 2005 21:37

You may have a programme already on your PC, I have got record Now on mine, It was on there when we bought it, may be part of XP. But I also have Nero which is a programme you can buy. Once you have the programme it is easy to do. Ann glos

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 3 Jan 2005 21:42

If you have XP, that supports CD burning. You can send to or copy to CD etc, but you will need software as above otherwise. Bob

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 3 Jan 2005 22:16

Yep, If you have XP you can right click on the file/folder, send to cd, and bob's your mothers brother............

Philip

Philip Report 4 Jan 2005 10:34

Hello Michelle, Yep, I use Nero and it does the job just fine! Philip

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 4 Jan 2005 10:42

Michelle, having re read your question.....are there a lot of pictures? if only a few then they may fit in a floppy......same method.....