General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EXASPERATED - TO SAY THE LEAST

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 10:12

Been on the phone this morning to step-daughters last school to get her records sent over to give to our LEA - no problems - or so you would think - WRONG - it was like dealing with the gas company - since my name wasnt on the papers I had nothing to do with it - even though it is me who deals with everything like that. So we are having to wait until the headmaster phones to speak to my husband to confirm I am who I say I am grrrrrrrr

Philip

Philip Report 4 Jan 2005 10:20

I get the same problem with several bodies, including utilities and banks, although things are in our joint names. Because Paula set some of them up, they will only talk to her. Know the feeling! Philip

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 4 Jan 2005 10:26

Girls, you have my sympathy, but its the times in which we live........IF the info was given out to someone 'Outside' Then I am sure you would have had a go about that, also.... ( I have also had problems, ordering my wifes' medication over the phone, )

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Jan 2005 10:26

Know what you mean She. I have the same problem with some of the bills we have to pay. They won't speak to me as my partners name is on the bill yet the money comes out of my account! It's a mad world Jeanete x

Slinky

Slinky Report 4 Jan 2005 10:34

I can only give info about the school problem...my family put me on thier contact lists at the schools my grandchildren go to and have told them that if I get in contact then it is because they have asked me to....being a grandmother this is sometimes very necessary...they also contact me as necessary too. Just a quick trip to the school when they start is the answer. Anne Have a good day

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 10:37

It is frustrating, but on the other hand, this is to deter fraudsters and worse. I must say I find it a palaver and am always having to change my security codes with online banking and so on as I can't remember my password! Still, better safe than sorry, especially where children are concerned. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 11:09

thing is - I could give ALL the details of EVERYTHING they wanted - and then the school said that I should e-mail them!!! which I did - but the e-mail address on their website and headed paper and given by this woman - were unrecognised!!!!!!! Yeah - I agree that because it is a child - albeit nearly 15 they have to be careful - but they were also doubting Paul - and he is her father!!!!!

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 4 Jan 2005 11:25

You would believe what I went thru with the bank all of a sudden no statements for the c/card so iring up thinking its list in the mail and then didn't worry just checked it on the intrenet then the following month no statements so I ring andsay "whats going on and they say well we have rung 3 times to speak to mr smith and he's never home ( he gets me to say that course he wouldn't have the foggiest re the banking anyway,) so the bank has decided he no longer lives with me, I put him on the phone as the lady from the says we will fix it and when she asks him how many bank a/cs we have he turns around and asks me which is what I have told her he doesn't do it I do and so after 15mins asking questions they decide he can't be identified over the phone and she tells me I have to take him to our bank in our town and introduce him to the girls who work there and they could then tell them and fix it ,hell I could have dragged anybody of the street and introduced him as my hubby the girls would not have known the difference they have rung again since and I told them if you are going to stop the statements again don't expect them to be paid as I'm the one who pays them and according to Mike the one who spends it all too so tell me about it Laraine