General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nursery for 3-4yr olds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tillot

Tillot Report 4 Jan 2005 13:53

Hello! I wondered how many members of staff there should be, by law, for say, 20, 3 & 4 year olds? Hope I make sense! Cheers Helen

Geoff

Geoff Report 4 Jan 2005 14:01

My wife tells me for 3-4 year olds the minimum requirement is one staff member for 8 children, so 20 would require 3 staff. For 2 year olds, one staff per 4 children.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 4 Jan 2005 14:02

Hi, Different areas have different regulations. And the age of the children also comes into account. There will need to be a certain number of people with the right qualifications and helpers with lesser qualifications. Anyone who has contact with the children will have to be police checked. The best thing to do would be to ask your local authority about their regulations. Gwynne

Tillot

Tillot Report 4 Jan 2005 14:05

Thanks for all your replies and so prompt to! Thanks again and Happy New Year to you all!

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 4 Jan 2005 14:05

The ratios are now set down by OFSTED so contact them for advice. We work to 1:4 at 2 years and 1:8 at 3years. That is minimum. We always have 5 staff which is well above requirements. But .... if a Nursery school run by LEA, the ratios are different and less staff are needed. Very unfair as far as I am concerned but that's a different matter!! Jacky :-)