General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fundraising ideas needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 4 Jan 2005 15:42

My Grand daughters (aged 10) want to raise some money for the disaster fund. They both want to get their school involved. Apart from a no uniform day has anyone any ideas?

Samantha

Samantha Report 4 Jan 2005 15:44

what about a sponsored alphabet they have to find something begining with each letter

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 4 Jan 2005 15:44

My daughter did a sponsored spell a couple of years ago. They have to learn the spellings and are tested and get sponsored for every spelling they get correct. Raise money and learn at the same time! JAck x

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 4 Jan 2005 15:56

sponsored silence.........dance athon........ toy fayre........ sponsored read (how many pages can be read in a week).. and a sponsored sports (like a mini assault course) or football match (how many goals scored) Wish them luck for me They are kids to be proud of Bev

Joan

Joan Report 4 Jan 2005 15:58

How about the school choir and band or whatever,performing in the local shopping centrewith buckets for the public to show their appreciation ? Joan

Clare

Clare Report 4 Jan 2005 16:07

we did a sponsored bounce last year which was a great success.

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 16:17

How about they all bring in some of their old toys and clothes and have jumble sale - or have them all collected/taken to Oxfam or Red Cross etc - perhaps mums could bake cakes for the sale etc etc - they could also make christmas tags for next years parcels and sell them, from old christmas cards etc:o)) Let us all know what they do and how well etc:o) Bless um:o)) Jude sarf wales xx

Zoe

Zoe Report 4 Jan 2005 16:17

A sponsored treasure hunt? they get a list of - say - 100 things, some easy and getting harder - that they have to find by asking friends/rellies etc and they get sponsored per item they find. My favourite that my mum organised one year was The Great Jelly Race: in teams, hands tied behind back, jellys on a plate in front of you (and someone to keep supplying them), see how many you and your team can eat without using hands in five minutes (forgot to add we were sponsored per jelly - we didnt just eat them for the sake of it)

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 4 Jan 2005 16:48

Smarties... an initial small outlay though that the school may fund. Give each child a tube of smarties to eat and ask them to return the tubes filled with coins. All coins fit (if proper smarties) except for 50p. We use this as a fund raiser every year with very good results. or.... quiz sheets. Devise a simple quiz and sell for £1 a go. For another £1, they can buy the answer sheets! Jacky :-)

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 4 Jan 2005 16:55

I remember at school we made a line of pennies and we raised a lot of money for Children in Need, Lucia :-)

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 4 Jan 2005 19:09

hi jane, our school held a cake sale,the pta and the school cooks all had a bake up of fairy cakes and we sold them at 20p each to the children we made over 200 pound for marie currie cancer fund. luv debs.x

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 4 Jan 2005 19:28

how about putting all the ideas together & having a fund raising day with lot's of different thing's going on a sale compertision's,sponsered thing's guessing games,jumble,cake's biscuits even get them to do some dancing to entertain people hire a bouncy castle

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 4 Jan 2005 22:12

A bring & Buy sale. Unwanted toys / books in good condition brought to school & sold back to children for 50p-£1 each. Good way for your child to get rid of a backlog of toys from home. Elaine x

R.B.

R.B. Report 4 Jan 2005 22:47

Hi Jane, one of the children where my daughter goes to school suggested a "White Day" everyone had to wear white, Lizz

Jane

Jane Report 5 Jan 2005 08:54

Thank you for all the ideas. I will pass them onto my grand daughters and let you all know what happens. A lot depends on their schools. Maybe when they return today they may find teachers are already organising something. Maz - I will email you. I like the idea. And a white day certainly sounds good. Jane

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 5 Jan 2005 09:12

when i was at school we had a sponsored clean up of the parks and beaches. the council and schools donated a certain amount for each bag of rubbish we filled. great idea as it cleaned the town up and raised a fair amount for help the aged.