General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Up my family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 16:13

Anyone remember this song of Jake Thackray's? see below

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 16:13

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Up my, up my family tree There hangs my curious pedigree My long, my lurid ancestry The prancing phantoms and ghosts of my rude fore fathers. Notwithstanding all their sins Bless my kiths and bless my kins There they all perch to see Up my, up my family tree. Up my, up my family tree No blue blood, no nobility No trace of aristocracy Except for Uncle Sebastian Who once raped a duchess. Nevertheless despite their sins Bless my kiths and bless my kins There they perch for all to see Up my, up my family tree. We've no ancestral halls No haughty portraits on our walls No family monuments at all Unless it's my cousin Sheila's stupendous cleavage. Nevertheless despite their sins Bless my kiths and bless my kins There they perch for all to see Up my, up my family tree. Me great-great Uncle Sam A very tranquil sort of man Could not afford his wife a pram; He pushed his babies round the park In a green wheelbarrow. Nevertheless despite their sins Bless my kiths and bless my kins There they perch for all to see Up my, up my family tree. My Uncle Will, my Auntie May Were very much in love, so they Got married after some delay; they dressed their kids up in white When they both went legal Nevertheless despite their sins Bless my kiths and bless my kins There they perch for all to see Up my, up my family tree. My brother Richard at thirteen He was a boy scout keen and clean; He got presented to the Queen And then he went and spoiled it all when he offered her a Woodbine Nevertheless despite their sins Bless my kiths and bless my kins There they perch for all to see Up my, up my family tree. Let this be understood That our family name is mud Our sheep are black our cheques are dud But we survive we're alive So it's up with the Thackrays. Nevertheless despite their sins Bless my kiths and bless my kins There they perch for all to see Up my, up my family tree.