General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm sure someone can beat this.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 5 Jan 2005 08:14

I've managed to find 61 members of my family, with the earliest being 1866. Can anyone beat this? Regards to all.

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 5 Jan 2005 09:40

CB, When you add spouses 'who married in' do you include their siblings/parents etc? Pat

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 09:48

Hi, I started researching just over a year ago (although didn't do much over the summer) and I have just over 800 on my tree on the site, with about 40 more waiting to be uploaded. Lots of them are on quite remote branches thouhg, I floow EVERY line :) Main line goes back to about 1700, but I'm back a little further on one or two other lines. Paul

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 5 Jan 2005 11:08

Great aunts and uncles (including babies who died, and all spouses) total 56. They were born between 1874 and 1920. They have got to have between two and six generations of descendants. The joy of this site is all those lost second and third cousins I've discovered. The trouble with this hobby is that there's always something new to find out. I have a friend who has at long last stopped asking me if I've finished my family history, 'cos the answer is always "No!" B

Alan

Alan Report 6 Jan 2005 09:26

I'm impressed. I include all names. Well done ito all who beaten this (admitedly easy) score, and my earliest date. Regards. Alan

Julie

Julie Report 6 Jan 2005 09:34

Im up to about 600 people, back as far as 1700's with hubby's side and around 1750 with my Gran's side. BUT not doing so well with my maiden name and it seems that the few contacts I have had for this site lead to nothing!! Never mind will keep on with it Julie