General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any other Jack Black fans?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 5 Jan 2005 09:36

Watched 'School of Rock' last night and thought it was great and thoroughly tongue in cheek. Black seems to be making a career out of playing obnoxious slackers but I've never failed to be amused by his roles in other films such as High Fidelity (based on the Nick Hornby novel), or Orange County.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 09:37

Haven't seen Orange County, but I agree about School of Rock and High Fidelity... both good films Did you know he's in the remake of King Kong that Peter Jackson is making ? the mind boggles.

Andy

Andy Report 5 Jan 2005 09:40

Saw that Paul, when I had a look on IMDB last night. He's actually been in quite a few films I've seen (Waterworld, Demolition Man, to name but a few) before he made it big.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 09:50

he is believable in movies - loved the school of rock :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 09:53

Much like Phillip Seymour Hoffman.. he's always superb in every film.

Andy

Andy Report 5 Jan 2005 09:58

ah yes, Lester Bangs in "Almost Famous"

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 10:02

yep (and what a marvellous film that is, one of my favourites). Was in Boogie Nights and the Talented Mr Ripley too

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 10:11

Hang on... they made Neverending story THREE ??? Wasn't the first one enough ? lol

Andy

Andy Report 5 Jan 2005 10:15

Mmm, I had similar feelings when I heard there was a Spy Kids 3. Nooooooo!

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 10:17

Only saw the first one Andy, and it was mildly entertaining (for the 6 year old that I watched it with). I have to confess to having never seen any of the Neverending Story films... something I'm proud of lol

Rupert

Rupert Report 5 Jan 2005 10:30

Sorry if anyone saw the message I posted I thought I read BLACK JACK! Rupert

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 5 Jan 2005 10:36

have you seen the tenacious d video he's in? very funny!

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jan 2005 11:06

Also, taking about Tenacious D, If you watch the Foo Fighters, Learn to Fly video. Tenacious D are the two guys who put drugs in the coffee on the plane and get arrested at the end. Don't know how many times I had seen that video before I realised that. But I am pleased that I spotted them before my two daughters (20 and 18). They hadn't noticed either are are both big fans of Tenacious D especially Jack Black. Eldest daughter bought School of Rock the day it was released. Margaret

Bec

Bec Report 5 Jan 2005 11:29

He's so funny which makes him so sexy too! Love the Tenacious D stuff he does! lol becx

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 5 Jan 2005 13:33

Jack Black never fails to make me laugh. Have seen him in High Fidelity and School of Rock and have seen the Tenacious D tribute video - The best song in the world! Lucia :-)

Trudi

Trudi Report 5 Jan 2005 13:50

Loved him in Shallow Hal with Gwyneth Paltrow as well as in Tenacious D Very talented Trudi

Andy

Andy Report 5 Jan 2005 14:03

"I'd just like to be in films that I would like to see. I think of myself as an entertainment arsenal. Like I have my acting bazooka and my music machete. And you don't know what I'm going to come at you with." Jack Black on Jack Black. Pretty good self-assessment.