General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

amazing how they think

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val

Val Report 5 Jan 2005 09:52

my little 5 yr old daughter , came home from school yesterday and told me they had said a prayer for all the (her words ) friends we have lost in the big water and on the other planet ,and lots of mummies and daddies have not got there children any more and children havnt got mummy or daddy any more ,and we can help ,,i asked how she said ill get a toy and send it to a little girl so she can play with it ,, but then she said that she will send her friend a t shirt because she hasnt got any clothes ,,, and not buttie because they will be hard when they get there , so i have to go out to get shoe box today and a card so jamielee can put things in it to send tomorrow , im not sure if this is going on but if any one has been told you can then please let me no because my jamielee wont be happy if she carnt send it thank you xx

Emma

Emma Report 5 Jan 2005 09:54

Thats lovely. Bless her. I would like to send clothes, coats, blankets ect but cant find any organisation collecting in my area. The kids have given their pocket money.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 10:07

Val - what a sweet thoughtful girl your little one is - you must be so proud of her xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Jan 2005 10:10

How lovely that one so young wants to help. I haven't heard yet of any scheme which you could send to. I suppose the immediate needs of food, water, shelter and medical help are taking priority but I'm sure that orphanages etc. will soon be grateful for further help.They will perhaps be able to give gifts to individual children in the same way that the shoe boxes are sent to Eastern Europe children at Christmas time.

Fairy

Fairy Report 5 Jan 2005 10:10

That's nice at the age of five your daughter is thinking of others. She's a credit to you. Jo X

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 5 Jan 2005 10:43

val, in the daily mail they asked for people not to send clothes and food anymore but money instead. thay say thanks for the thoughts but its really difficult to get it through. paul...

Val

Val Report 5 Jan 2005 11:21

oh dear me paul what can i tell my little girl she wants to send a toy xx

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 5 Jan 2005 11:39

i know val i felt bad telling you that. your little girl sounds so sweet. im sure someone like oxfam will help?

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 5 Jan 2005 11:43

Aahh that's lovely. You must be very proud. As others have said tell her that at the moment they have to build their homes again first. Tell her she can give her toy to an Oxfam shop who will sell it for money which will go to help the children of the tsunami disaster and that the toy will probably be bought by someone who doesn't have much money or toys so that way she'll be helping the children in Asia and also probably a child here that doesn't have much. Kxx

Bec

Bec Report 5 Jan 2005 11:47

She sounds so sweet Val. Why don't you suggest she contributes a toy to a 'Bring & Buy' Sale? Then you can explain the money from that toy will be sent to help people? love becx