General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have just won $960,000.00

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 5 Jan 2005 10:54

Today I received an e/mail fom some place in the Congo telling me i had won all this money but if I told anybody I would be disqualified from getting see how much I care , I'm now waiting for the next E/mail asking for my bank a/c details and and of course I won't send them where do these morons get your Email address from. Laraine

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 5 Jan 2005 11:05

i'm still waiting for my cheque from readers digest! my address was specially selected for the prize draw dont you know!!

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 5 Jan 2005 11:06

Aaahhh Paul!!!! Not fair - I thought that was just me! Kxx

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 5 Jan 2005 11:06

G'day Laraine. Yes, we get these also. Sometimes we get some from the U.S.A saying we have won a 105cm Plazma T.V with an attached document saying" You have been selected from Thousands of people" blah,blah,blah... Please send $50.00 as this item is currently being held in a warehouse in America, and will be shipped to you after the money has been sent, so we can release this article. O'h yea'h sure Il'e just send them my credit card number. Wot a load a crap. They must think we are all stupid. Tony Oz

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 5 Jan 2005 11:13

LOL laraine. When i first saw your thread...$960,000,00 I did a quick check of my family tree to see if wer'e related!!lol ( friend.) Tony Oz

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 11:27

I received a letter from a private health insurnace company telling me I had won a cash prize so I sent it back for the crack and received a cheque for £1.00. I'm still deciding how to invest the money!!!! Hehe

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 5 Jan 2005 12:45

Yes sorry folks but you will be the first to know if the cheque arrives I'll write it in will to let you know as I will have dropped dead lol Laraine

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 5 Jan 2005 13:44

Are you Paul,I had 41p from Readers Digest and just before Christmas too.It bought all of a stamp and change for the loo.- Hope no one falls for this scam-Honestly there is so much on the web now,and the phones are used in the same way.I refuse to give any details over the phone to anyone now.Can't be too careful.-Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 23:43

Go to any search engine and put in 419 you will get a site that gives all the info on email scams----- and some of the stories are hilarious

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 5 Jan 2005 23:46

Hiya Paul, That Tom Champagne has a lot to answer for eh, Baz

Sue

Sue Report 6 Jan 2005 09:06

One of the others to watch out for is the ....'You have won one of these fantasic prizes....' Then it gives you a phone number to ring to get your authentication number. In tiny print at the bottom.........calls cost £1.50/min and are 4min 59 secs long. Calls from mobile networks may vary.......... Yeh right! I spend 6 or 7 quid to be told I've won a holiday in Florida, but have to pay for everything myself apart from 5 days accommodation in a grotty 'apartment'. How many people have actually thought 'It's just cost me £6 to find out I've won a holiday, now I just have to find money for the flights etc, car hire to get to this wonderful accommodation, food, entertainment and so on! Wow aren't I the lucky one'. Cynical Sue who truly believes you get owt for nowt in this life!