General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A round of applause for...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bec

Bec Report 5 Jan 2005 12:05

Bec

Bec Report 5 Jan 2005 12:10

Sandra Bullock - donated $1million of her own money to the Tsunami disaster fund. 'Good Morning' - for donating £7k every morning as part of their 'Clear your Debt' competition. Dwight Yorke - for suggesting all Premiership footballers donate a weeks wages (don't know how many of them have though) to the fund. Steven Spielberg - for donating $1.5m to the Tsunami disaster fund. Fire Fighters in Great Dunmow - raising money for the appeal by washing cars

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2005 12:18

Firefighters in Gloucestershire who have raised £35000. Ann Glos

Bec

Bec Report 5 Jan 2005 12:21

Many of the tube stations on the underground have been collecting money. There were also collections at Highbury last night.

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 5 Jan 2005 12:26

my 8 year old daughter and her friends who have donated this weeks dinner money and are making sandwiches THEMSELVES instead! xx

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 5 Jan 2005 14:10

My husband's company have made a large donation as well as sending their experienced staff to the area to help with setting up communications as well as other gestures. I am printing off all of my Pre-school photos today that I have taken since September andwill sell them for a minimum donation of 50p to the parents. Not a lot, but every little helps. jacky

Bec

Bec Report 5 Jan 2005 14:15

Michael Schumacher - donating at least £5m to the fund Steve Brookstein (winner of the X factor) - for donating all the proceeds to his hit single to the tsunami

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 5 Jan 2005 14:50

Vodafone for donating £1,000,000 and for matching every £ given by staff!! I work for a great company!! :O)

Sue

Sue Report 5 Jan 2005 17:42

GMTV for matching the prize money from this week's competitions and donating it to the fund.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 5 Jan 2005 20:36

And a round of hissing for those governments in the past (up to last year) who have pledged monies towards disasters and have not followed through. Reported last night on tv and again this morning mentioned by Oxfam spokesman. Ann

Bec

Bec Report 6 Jan 2005 12:49

The company behind Celebrity Big Brother - a percentage of the telephone vote takings will go towards the appeal.