General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to TEXT a donation to DEC Tsunami Earthquake A

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 5 Jan 2005 14:57

Encourage your friends and family to make a text donation of £1.50 by texting DONATE to 83321. All the UK`s major mobile operators have joined forces for the first time to create a tax free donation mechanism for customers. All charges are being waived by the network operators and the aggregator WIN, with the Government also waiving VAT. Customers of Vodafone, 3, 02, Orange, T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile can make a £1.50 text donation. So spread the word to your family and friends. All donations will go straight to the DEC Tsunami Earthquake Appeal.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 5 Jan 2005 15:08

Valley you're a star.... I thought it was a great idea... and sometimes, just sometimes I'm proud to work for Vodafone!! :O)

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 5 Jan 2005 15:10

I've just done mine online but the DEC are also promoting the text donation appeal. Jack x

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 5 Jan 2005 15:16

I know... I am not trying to make people feel guilty, I am trying to give them choices!! Not everyone likes donating online or can afford it, so it's just another way of helping if we can! I hope no-one is offended by this thread!

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 5 Jan 2005 15:21

Definately not offended Diana. Thank you. Jack x

Jane

Jane Report 5 Jan 2005 15:56

All the major banks & building societies also have special accounts for donations. Not everyone has credit cards to donate online or by phone.