General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unwanted Ringtone messages costing me lots of mone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 5 Jan 2005 16:42

A few weeks ago I got a free ring tone... can't remember where from online. It may be a coincidence but ever since I have been receiving messages: 1/3 saying - The ring tone you ordered is being dispatched. 2/3 saying - The ring tone you ordered will be will you shortly. 3/3 saying - This is your ringtone. I erase the message immediately but can't do so without opening them first and I have noticed that it's costing me about £4.00 every time this happens and it's happening about twice week. I used to only put about £10.00 of credit on my mobile every month now I need to top up at least once a week. I have tried to contact them by replying to the texts but the come back malformed message. It's driving me nuts and I don't know what to do except use another sim card but then means having to tell everyone my new number Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-(((

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 5 Jan 2005 16:46

which company are you with???? Virgin offer a customer service line direct from their phones, it cosst a flat rate of ten pnece. You can also deal with it online via virgin, but i have no idea about other companies

Julie

Julie Report 5 Jan 2005 16:54

Gaynor this has happened to me what i did was phone my mobile network he gave me the phone number were i could ring to stop the messages so i then phone them they said i had to have 6 down loads b4 i could cancel i told them i was a single mum on benefit and couldn't afford it. I got it canceled

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 5 Jan 2005 16:57

Well!!! .......... would you believe I have, just this minute, received a message saying........ "You are now unsubscribed, we will send you NO further messages! To stay in the club (only 4.50/wk) and get another best seller FREE, reply with GET MONO" ........................ cheeky devils - just goes to show how careful you have to be..... let's hope this is the end of it.

Tudor

Tudor Report 5 Jan 2005 17:09

Citibank, along with the other banks, will NEVER ask you for details on line, OR on the phone, unless you contact them first! So, beware, any message claiming to be from a financial institution which DOES ask for such details WILL be a scam!