General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How bad do i feel?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 5 Jan 2005 19:22

I did something terrible. Was in the kitchen cooking tea, toddler moaning, smoke alarm going off! and my phone rang........i said in loud voice to my boyfriend oh god i hope that isnt **** i really cant be bothered with her its, too hectic. I wasnt meaning to be horrible, just harrassed! Anyway it was her.... she said to me" i am at back gate trying to get in but its locked"! SHE HEARD EVERY WORD i felt soooooooooooooo bad!

Josette

Josette Report 5 Jan 2005 19:27

Emma I'm sure most of us have done something like that in our past, you obvioulsy never meant it just stressed at the time. I'm sure your friend will understand Jo xx

Emma

Emma Report 5 Jan 2005 19:27

I feel like a complete COW!

helenbell

helenbell Report 5 Jan 2005 19:31

Emma she probably didnt hear you its your concionce(wrong spelling) you seem to be such a sweet person, you just feel guilty, keep your chin up and dont worry i have often suffered from foot and mouth lol Love Helenxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 19:32

Never has an own goal been scored so beautifully :o)))

Emma

Emma Report 5 Jan 2005 19:38

Thankyou, thats made me feel bit better! Its just that this particular person was my fellas friend before i met him so when we got together she started coming to see me....shes nice but very bossy and quiete rude at times. She always turns up at busy times and wants me to wait on her hand and foot.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 5 Jan 2005 19:40

Emma - if she treats you like that, then perhaps it is a good job she heard you and won't come back again! Ann

Clare

Clare Report 5 Jan 2005 21:12

if you are feeling guilty for what she might have heard why don't you tell her straight anyway.i'm always in trouble for speaking my mind,but why keep it in and have a headache.(bit like bad wind em,let it all out and let everyone else suffer)

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 21:18

Emma, if it will make you feel any better, my husband's boss wrote him an email complaining in no uncertain terms about a nuisance member of staff .... and then promptly sent it to the person he was writing about instead of hubby! Ouch - get out of that one! But like Ann said, if she's a nuisance it might be just as well if she did hear you! Mandy :)

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 5 Jan 2005 21:30

You are not the first I have done that as well some times it drives you crazy when you have a family to look after and every one bothering you you are only human and if she is a friend she will understand. Debs.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Jan 2005 21:39

emma sounds like your friend needed to hear that if shes bosy and was your blokes friend before, and now comes round all time i put up with rudeness and bossy behaviour off my older brother for a while and all through crimbo and new year he visited and hasnt given a thought to anyones feelings or his girlfriends , well he was really rude to me on phone sunday night so i told him , his attitude stinks and he needs to sort it, nothing changed yet, he came here earlier, to give my son a birthday card for tomorrow , dad was here chatting to me, my brother burst in through front door , totally ignored me and then shouted on way out , 'cant stop dinners waiting for me ,' funny how he only does that when hubby is in work,