General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

is it my machine?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 5 Jan 2005 21:50

Last night, this morning and tonight, this site is sooooo slow, or is it my machine? I am saying this site as I don't have a prob with any others, but............................... Kim

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Jan 2005 21:52

same here too

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 5 Jan 2005 22:18

I'm soooo relieved to see this message!!! Thought mine was up the chute too! Maz. XX

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 5 Jan 2005 22:27

It's been so slow since New Year and that's on Broadband. Wish thay'd sort it out. Christine

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 5 Jan 2005 22:29

Thank goodness others are having probs,as really thought it was just me. Whewwwww!

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 22:34

A good suggestion might be to delete some of the threads because if they keep them all they will run out of server memory

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 23:17

Have noticed a lot more "page cannot be displayed" messages on here the last few weeks.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 23:21

Hello Ma'am, Site has been slow for a day or two now. I've been blaming Collette's brother who spent Christmas "Upgrading" my Puter. I am just waiting for a phone call from his brother to tell me how to undo the damage.

AnotherCanuck

AnotherCanuck Report 6 Jan 2005 06:00

Calling from Canada, Seem to be experiencing difficulties accessing FRU & to access here, had to use search engine! This has been going on for 2 days, I'm a full member & not a very HAPPY one right now. Anyone else having same or similar problems?

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 6 Jan 2005 22:51

Kim To my knowledge, this site has been behaving erratically for a couple of years. It goes fairly smoothly for a few weeks then all sorts of things start happening with subscribers getting thrown off for no reason, go-slows and other peculiarities. I may be wrong but I feel these malaises are connected with the proprietors tinkering with the site, to make "improvements". Don't let it get you down. len

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 6 Jan 2005 23:00

I'm glad I am not on my little lonesome with the go slow. Len I definitely think you are right, I have been with site nearly 2 years now, and ok, understood it in the early days, but come on!!! one minute its like 'speedy Gonzalas' next a snail! oh well, one day, one day! :-)) Kim