General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burnt Pans

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 5 Jan 2005 22:41

Came home to a cooked pasta meal this evening. Darling hubby left me washing up failing to tell me he'd completely burnt pasta on the bottom of the pan. It's been in soak for hours and not shifting. I couldn't remember what Kim and Aggie say about these things so I put white vinegar and water in and broght it to the boil. It's shifted some of it but not all. Any other idea's?

Emma

Emma Report 5 Jan 2005 22:42

Baking soda? New pan, new husband?!!!!!

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 5 Jan 2005 22:43

kim and aggie recommend.... Cleaning burnt saucepans To make cleaning burnt-on food easy, cover the bottom of the pan in cola, then simmer gently on the stove. After a few minutes, use a washing-up brush to loosen the dirt further. The burn should come off easily. no idea if it works????

Mags

Mags Report 5 Jan 2005 22:43

Excuse me for not changing my name (Chatston rules OK!) But what they did was to heat some cola gently in the pan - it fetched off all the burnt stuff Magsxx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Jan 2005 22:43

pepsi or rola cola cleans toilets,apparently

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2005 22:45

Cola is also very good for cleaning toilets!!! Makes you wonder what it does to your guts doesn't it LOL magie

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 5 Jan 2005 22:45

If I do that I put a little bit of washing up liquid in it with some water and bring it to the boil and simmer for a while keep an eye on it or you will have a kitchen full of bubbles LOL good luck Debs

Emma

Emma Report 5 Jan 2005 22:46

To clean a badly burnt pan, slice up an onion put it in the pan and add enough water to cover the burnt part, put on the stove and heat until the water is boiling, then take off and leave to cool. Let it stand for a few hours, the black should then come off fairly easily.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 5 Jan 2005 22:46

it does clean toliets works quite well as well i knew about the suacepan one but have never tried it, if that happensin my house i keep forgetting to wash it until hubby does it LOL

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jan 2005 22:46

i either use Soda or washing powder let it boil away for at least 10 mins leave to stand overnight Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 22:46

My wife leaves pots to soak in vinegar after I've been cooking :o)))

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 5 Jan 2005 22:46

Hubby said about cola and I poo pooed him. Now he'll think he's a domestic king if I tell him! lol

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 5 Jan 2005 22:49

My good old standby - washing powder! A good heap of it in the pan, add some water, either leave overnight if you are lazy like me, or boil it up. We used to save flat coke in the restaurant where I worked and use it to clean toilets, sinks, washbasins etc - the magic ingredient is vinegar apparently!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Jan 2005 22:55

Didnt some one last night say something about garden slugs,?

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 5 Jan 2005 22:57

Do you just pour it in the loo then? My little neice drinks loads of the stuff. She's just started losing her milk teeth so I told her Mum and Dad to put her tooth in a glass and watch it disintigrate!

Nicola

Nicola Report 5 Jan 2005 23:12

bin it and get hubby to buy a new one lol nicky

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 5 Jan 2005 23:38

Tried and tested over 40 years - just use which I have most of in larder - vinegar - bring to oil and leave. Cover with 1/2" salt for an hour - then add some water bring to boil and leave. Usually come up clean as a whistle - I managed to burn carrots the other week as I was on here - that time I used vinegar. Ann