General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SKY TV

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 6 Jan 2005 18:08

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 6 Jan 2005 18:09

Just thought you might be interested to hear of the problems we've had with Sky recently. We've been subscribers since analogue days, about 11 years all together. Apart from having systems installed we've never had to call on them for anything else, so they've had their fair whack out of us. When Sky went Digital we hung on for ages waiting for the price to drop, eventually we caved in and coughed up for it ..... only for them to give it away 33 days later free.... Yes we were very P'd off !! So anyway, we've been having problems since november with our picture freezing and blocking and cutting the sound. Tried all the usual reset procedures etc. phoned for advice.... lots of waiting & not much help. We swapped the dish for an almost new spare, no difference. So we gave in and phoned sky again..... they wanted £65 call out fee !!! Outbloodyrageous. We harangued the girl on the other end and she said there was nothing she could do to help. So hubby said "right we're cancelling our subscription" that got their attention all right !!! Now, I was prepared to pay to get it put right but to my mind the call out fee was extortionate. Any way the upshot is that tommorow an engineer is coming out with a brand new decoder box as a good will gesture .... and please would we not cancel our subscription ..... Hahahahaha that was too easy :) The moral of the tale is if you think you are getting a bum deal for something, withdraw your custom and see how fast they go out of their way to help you. Happy new year Sioux

Len

Len Report 6 Jan 2005 20:36

Sioux, Had NTL Cable, had SKY, BINNED THEM ALL, trying Digi, not impressed, another B'Lair cockup. Len in Gosport

Lucky

Lucky Report 6 Jan 2005 21:02

We had same sort of problems as you a few months ago. For the £65 (which I agree is a joke) you get anything that needs doing. This included us getting a new part on the dish and a new digibox. The best thing we had with Sky previously (I am being sarcastic here) was when it went wrong like this the first time about three years ago. The engineer came and proceeded to tell us as the dish had been situated above the conservatory roof (by their installer I hasten to add) he could not do the job due to health and safety reasons. We had to ponce around getting a private bloke to come out and sort it. I then sent Sky a stinking e mail and got a £50 credit on my account. It is definately worth having a go. Most people I know who have have ended up with £50 back.