General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Absolutely Fabulous

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 6 Jan 2005 18:33

Have only just managed to watch it and thank goodness I taped it - I appeared to do nothing but FF. The last Christmas special was a bit of a disappointment too if I recall correctly. I was a big fan of this comedy from Day 1 but it has died and should be buried - or is it just me? Did you see it and what did you think? Ann

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 6 Jan 2005 18:55

No Ann,It wasn't you it has really gone off.The old overworked situations are so boring now.They seem to think that getting more and more extreme is going to make it funny.I just found it purile-So disappointing. The most awful thing in the first of the new series was Patsy with a cathetar attached dripping everywhere.Why do they think that this is funny. One just felt really annoyed with the character Sapphie-You wanted to give her a good slap and say 'Oh! for goodnes sake get out of there' Even the lovely dizzy grandmother had turned into an old shrew and Bubble was so extreme she was unintelligable-My opinion FORGET IT-Pity it used to have me creased-Disappointed Rose

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 6 Jan 2005 22:55

Glad to see it just wasn't me - was afraid I might be turning into a grumpy old woman! Ann