General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Disaster fundraising suggestions PLEASE!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 6 Jan 2005 19:00

Any fundraising ideas for about 100 primary age kids to do in school for the Tsunami disaster? Any ideas very welcome! Thanks Eileen

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 6 Jan 2005 19:17

Collect Christmas cards from all your friends and recycle them .Cut the fronts off and remount on new card.Use penking sheers to cut gift tags .Sell for next year. Sue, what a lovely idea-Do you mind if I take that one and do the same thing-Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Jan 2005 19:18

What about shoe boxes full of toys for the poor kids out there who have nothing. They are still entitled to play.

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 6 Jan 2005 19:35

Thanks everyone for those ideas. Especially like the idea of planting bulbs and also sending shoeboxes filled with toys and other necessities. Thanks everyone! Keep them coming! lol Eileen

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 6 Jan 2005 19:36

Heres one we are using in our village school, all the children bring in a small donation and are allowed to have a wacky hair day......any style, any colour, a bit different to plain clothes day where they can where their own clothes if they normally wear a uniform. Another suggestion was a fun tie day , decorate and wear a tie for the day , borrow dads or decorate the school one if they will let you!!!asking the children to bring in a small donation..... Rebecca.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 6 Jan 2005 19:37

Sue tht is so lovely I think they will be Merry Grows for me from now on.Isn't that lovely Rose

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 6 Jan 2005 20:28

I remember a sponsored silence in Junior school. Must have been a wonderful day for the teachers. Janet