General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Poem for you to read ;-)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 6 Jan 2005 20:16

Come, look with me inside this drawer, In this box I've often seen, At the pictures, black and white, Faces proud, still, serene. I wish I knew the people, These strangers in the box, Their names and all their memories Are lost among my socks. I wonder what their lives were like. How did they spend their days? What about their special times? I'll never know their ways. If only someone had taken time To tell who, what, where, when, These faces of my heritage Would come to life again. Could this become the fate Of the picture we take today? The faces and the memories Someday to be tossed away? Make time to save your pictures, Seize the opportunity when it knocks, Or someday you and your family could be The Strangers in the Box.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 8 Jan 2005 18:59

That's a lovely poem Victoria, hadn't heard that before! :)