General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Made me cry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 6 Jan 2005 22:25

It takes alot to make me cry but after watching the documentary on bbc1 on tsunami i was in tears. It was horrific.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 6 Jan 2005 22:34

Emma I cry at every news report and every newspaper article - and during the 3 min silence :O( I cant come to terms with it and I havent even the slightest connection to anyone. Anne in Kent

Clare

Clare Report 6 Jan 2005 22:34

me too em,i hate seeing those poor kids who have lost their parents.the worst bit is the man carrying his dead baby.can't handle it!!!!!got to eat a choc bar now to cheer myself up!

Emma

Emma Report 6 Jan 2005 22:39

I dont know anyone directly affected but i just feel so upset, its the children that upset me the most, the ones who have lost their lives and the orphans. I think since having children myself this sort of thing upsets me more. Sorry have i deppresed you all now? Sorry.x

Emma

Emma Report 6 Jan 2005 22:50

I completly understand why you are going, i take my hat off to you. I really really wish i could do more to help. I have donated what i can afford, i have lots of things to send but cant find any organisation collecting. Take care while you are there. emma x

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 6 Jan 2005 22:55

Me too. Have cried loads over these reports. It's the kids that really hit the most. The look in the eyes of those orphans - cant describe it - you just want to reach out and hug them and tell them that it'll be alright even though you know it will never be alright again. My prayers are as always with anyone affected by this. Kxx

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 7 Jan 2005 00:09

I've had one good cry today, after receiving a copy of an email sent to my daughter by her friend who is in Phuket - then I watched the documentary and had another good cry. I am not normally a crying type, but this disaster seems to be reaching parts of me that I had forgotten about. The enormity of it all, the "what would I do if it was me or mine?", the realisation that this is one of the few things in life that money alone cannot fix, that time will not heal this one. My heart goes out to them all.