General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

back down or plod on?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 7 Jan 2005 09:36

having just had my renew note after a year of frantic and hard searching i think my natural father is invisible i dont know if i should try anymore , losing heart now ?

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 7 Jan 2005 09:44

carol dont give up hun hes out there somewhere just waiting for you to find him. renew your membership and stay here with us:) have you tried joan allen? her addy is myfolks(.)co(.)uk she is soo good,im sure she might be able to help susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 7 Jan 2005 09:46

jess im so sorry hun lol great minds think alike eh? susie

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Jan 2005 09:49

Carol have you tried on the records board allan green 60 million current records lookup, he might be able to help you. Don't give up, it falls into place eventually sandra

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 7 Jan 2005 09:50

Dont give up now! I have not found any of my rellies on here yet! But I know the blighters will turn up sometime....Half of the time I wonder if the aliens have spirited them all off somewhere! I sometimes find it sooooo frustrating but then I come on this thread and get involved in everything else! I have managed to do a few look ups for other people which I have enjoyed as I am naturally a very nosy person ha ha. Stick with it Carol I am sure he will turn up (probably on the same space ship as my lot) Happy Hunting Bev

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 7 Jan 2005 09:50

Keep going love-I am sure you will succeed-Hugs Rose Sweetheart.I found my grandson through a detective agency.They were excellent all very confidential.It cost me about £200. The other people who will help find 'lost'reltives are the Salvation Army.One of my sons disappeared in London for a few years on the drugs scene.They will trace where they can.They will then let you know that the person is safe and tell them of your search,but they WILL NOT tell you where they are.It is then up to the person you are seeking to contact you. My son and I are now in the same town and have a very good relationship.He is a good friend -Good Luck Love -Rose

Carol

Carol Report 7 Jan 2005 09:56

thanks guys i will go on but have no knew ideas who is joan allen the electoral reg turned up 91 names but none right

Carol

Carol Report 7 Jan 2005 10:12

dear jess sorry not brill on this do u know joans e mail??

Rupert

Rupert Report 7 Jan 2005 10:19

Carol dont back down I have been searching for my g grandma for 2 monrhs. Dont know whether the one I suspect and died within months of giving birth has been sent to relatives many miles away or her death was not registered! I am not able go further until Isee the experts on this kind of problem and it is difficult when you are lookig in th very early 1800's . dont despair. Rupert Bear.

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 7 Jan 2005 10:25

carol i know this sounds silly but after years of searching i actually found the woman who gave birth to me in the phone book! i went to my local library and wrote down all the numbers in my surname from where i was born and eventually phoned an auntie! just a thought. x

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 7 Jan 2005 10:27

carol i posted the web address on my reply at the top of this thread. lol,susie