General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bereaved families

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lily

Lily Report 7 Jan 2005 17:45

Please say a prayer for a family from Finland, grandparents, mother and three children wiped out in Phuket, only the son/dad survived (and he's lost a leg) - can you imagine his state of mind?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Jan 2005 17:55

Yes. It's important that we see them as individuals, each with their own needs of support in their suffering. We are in danger of thinking of the enormity of the situation and believing we can do nothing.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 7 Jan 2005 17:57

God help him - I will keep him in my thoughts. Where would one get the strength to go on after that? Ann

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 7 Jan 2005 17:58

Thinking of each and everyone involved, their families and friends. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain, shock, numbness and horror of their experiences and changes to their lives. Jacky

Lily

Lily Report 7 Jan 2005 20:10

Strump - just the man survived, son of elderly couple and dad of the kids.

Sue

Sue Report 7 Jan 2005 20:25

Did anyone see Eric Richard (Sgt Bob Cryer in The Bill) on TV? His 59 day old grandson was killed and he found out about in in an e-mail sent from Thailand by someone he didn't know. He hadn't even heard about the tsunami then. His son and daughter-in-law survived, but his son wasn't able to save the baby. So many terrible stories........ May they all rest in peace. Sue xx