General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Flying Fur

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 7 Jan 2005 20:24

Just read the local rag and a letter from a reader caught my eye. Lady grooms her dog in the park behind my house every Sunday, and leaves fur for squirrels and birds for their nests etc, gone within an hour or so. Confronted by a couple who said what she was doing was shameful. She doesn't leave dog mess or graffiti the park benches. I used to have a huge Rough Collie and the fur from him would have filled a duvet. I used to give it to local bird breeders and leave some in the park and my garden. If anything I think she was being environmentally friendly. Has anyone else experienced this? Aileen

Alice

Alice Report 7 Jan 2005 20:41

Its not something I would have thought of doing. A brilliant idea though

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 7 Jan 2005 20:46

One way of re-cycling I hadn't thought about Aileen. Mind you I have heard of people spinning and knitting with the hair from their long haired dogs! Can't see what there was to complain about though. Christine

Pat

Pat Report 7 Jan 2005 21:01

Aileen Always do it Cat and Dog fur, we brush them in the garden throw in the bushes, not only birds like it but mice will take it as well. I cannot understand how it can be shameful? Pat x

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 7 Jan 2005 21:06

Always groomed my dogs in the garden - bad enough mess inside with the hairs never mind adding to it and it goes quickly making little warm nests for little creatures. Some people just like to moan and be miserable - it is their way of being happy. Takes all sorts to make a world. Ann

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 7 Jan 2005 21:23

Never thought of doing this before but will in future! What a great idea... Thanks Bev

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 7 Jan 2005 22:23

Winter where are you cos that was in my local rag too?????