General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pass the sick bags

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 8 Jan 2005 12:01

oooer !

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 8 Jan 2005 12:01

FERRY RUNS AGROUND OFF SCOTLAND A ferry has run aground off the west coast of Scotland in hurricane-force winds, leaving around 100 people stranded on board. According to reports, 46 of those on the vessel are passengers but they are all safe and well. The P&O European Highlander, which set off from Larne in Northern Ireland, hit a sandbank at Cairnryan on Loch Ryan at around 6am this morning. Winds at the time were reaching speeds of more than 100 knots. It is currently sitting on shingle beach and bad weather conditions are preventing tug boats reaching it. Sky News' James Matthews said: "My understanding is that the ferry is on an even keel." Lifeboats are on standby from Clyde Coastguard in the event of people needing evacuation from the vessel. And a helicopter at Prestwick is ready in case weather conditions improve. But coastguards are advising against evacuation in the current conditions unless necessary. A spokeswoman for the Maritime Coastguard Agency said there is no immediate danger to passengers but it would not be "terribly comfortable" on board.

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 8 Jan 2005 12:17

Saw this on the news earlier Elaine. One of my birthday presents from hubby, is a weekend in Amsterdam, over the Easter holidays. March is a windy month also. So please save me some sick bags. I am nervous about it already. Jennyx