General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Xmas cards????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 8 Jan 2005 20:42

Did you miss hearing from a friend or relation this Xmas, and are wondering what has happened to him/her? I haven't heard from two people, one of whom I've known 59 years! It's very sad that their relatives don't let us know so that I keep wondering whether this person has passed away or just ill. Am I alone in these thoughts I wonder! Sylvia xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jan 2005 20:45

Sylvia, this has happened to my parents this year. They sent a card to a couple who they had practically grown up with - then received one back from the husband to say that the wife had passed away back in August! Of course they felt awful, but I tried to reassure them that they weren't psychic! Mandy x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jan 2005 21:13

And i sent a card and got a letter to say the husband had died in August. Ann glos

syljo

syljo Report 9 Jan 2005 21:33

Well, at least you know, I still don't. Maybe I'll pluck up the courage and phone them. Sylvia xxx