General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WARNING SPOOF EMAIL FROM EBAY ASKING FOR DETAILS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Jan 2005 01:37

I've had an email saying it was from ebay. I know it wasnt but it looked very official. Said that my account had been used abroad and they needed to verify my account. Wanted credit card details and bank account details. I deleted it. But beware, it does look as though it comes from ebay. Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jan 2005 01:38

THeres a lot of these about Margaret. I imagine a lot of people are taken in by them.

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Jan 2005 01:54

Paul I've had one today and it looks very real. If I hadn't already read about it I might have been taken in. Thing is I havent used ebay for ages. Not just credit card details, want full bank account details too. Margaret

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Jan 2005 12:07

nudge

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 9 Jan 2005 12:17

Just remember ANY email asking for c/c or bank details is likely to be a con and either forwarded to the company it says it's from or deleted immediately. Naomi x

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 9 Jan 2005 15:02

Hi Yes I had one this morning did look official I deleted it Margaretx

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 9 Jan 2005 19:55

I've had one too a while back and reported it to ebay. They investigate them. Eileen

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 9 Jan 2005 20:33

Thanks for the warning,I will hand it on round the family-Rose