General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any members in and around Carlisle?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lily

Lily Report 9 Jan 2005 08:53

Thinking of you in those terrible floods, it must be awful to see your homes under water.......... Dilys

Anne

Anne Report 9 Jan 2005 23:19

Thanks for your thoughts. I was lucky not to be flooded but its horrible for those that were. It will take a long time to clear up the town centre. Probably the reason no other Carlisle people have replied is that we have been without power for nearly two days. Ours has just come back on, but some people will be without for another night. That's the WHOLE of the city and many surrounding villages without power. Very eery feeling. Anne

Anne

Anne Report 9 Jan 2005 23:55

I think you mean the Lanes Shopping centre? No it was not flooded so the Otters are safe! I guess they could swim anyway :) Anne

Lily

Lily Report 10 Jan 2005 08:54

Yes, I thought about the power cuts! Having seen the devastation in houses this morning, on TV, my heart goes out to all those affected. Dilys

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jan 2005 09:41

Thinking of you all and hoping you will be back to normality soon Ann Glos

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 10 Jan 2005 20:29

Ann,Is there anything we can do to help/ I know I am a great distance away,but I do feel that all of the attention is on the Great Tsunami Flood Victims and we may over look our own people in need of help-Rose

Karen

Karen Report 11 Jan 2005 10:52

Hi to all and thanks for your concern, I live just off Warwick Road and I can tell you that the devastation and destruction is horrendous. It will take a long time for things to get back to normal we still have no power in this area (using laptop at a friends at the moment) and the worst thing is that people are frightened to leave thier homes unattended due to the amount of crime taking place!! There is a great community spirit and the emergency services have been wonderful. Thanks to all for your well wishes, Karen xx

Lily

Lily Report 11 Jan 2005 17:11

It looks absolutely terrible, from the air, as shown on ITV1 at lunchtime - our sympathies to all affected.......