General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where is your favourite holiday destination????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 9 Jan 2005 20:58

where is your favourite holiday desination and why??? i have been to many countries, but malta draw's me back time after time, it is jammed packed full of history, and they adore the english!!!. julie.

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 9 Jan 2005 21:01

Looe in Cornwall.......we go every year and just love it! The surrounding countryside is lovely and the various beaches beautiful! We travel all over Cornwall when we are there and even though we have been going for 6yrs or so there are still plenty of places that we have yet to discover! Bev

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jan 2005 21:22

Love Looe and Polperro,,,,,,,,,but can't beat N.York. Moors for peace, quiet, and beauty.

Winifred

Winifred Report 9 Jan 2005 21:35

Hiring a boat on the Norfolk Broads is our favourite holiday - lovely to get away from traffic, TV and telephone. Great wildlife and peace and quiet - good for the nerves !!

Julie

Julie Report 9 Jan 2005 21:38

just what i could do with winifred, although i dont know about this time of the year, food for thought in the summer though. sound like sheer bliss !!!!!! julie

Clare

Clare Report 9 Jan 2005 21:44

i've travelled the world when i was young but you give me newquay anytime.we go every year and stay on the same caravan site.the kids love it

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 9 Jan 2005 21:46

My friends house near Tampa, Florida. It only costs me my flight - I don't have to be up for brekkie by a set time - I can have all the sun loungers to myself - the shopping is cheap - the weather is great - the people are friendly!! Best singles holiday going LOL (even tho I'm not officially single, but we can't holiday together) Anne in Kent

Julie

Julie Report 9 Jan 2005 21:53

glad you liked malta david, it's one of those place's, you either love it, or hate it. cyprus is the one place i would really love to go, this was one of my father's favourite's when he was stationed there while serving with the royal marines !!!! julie.

Clare

Clare Report 9 Jan 2005 21:56

david we stay at hendra, where the oasis swimming pool is,just up the road from safeways

Julie

Julie Report 9 Jan 2005 22:24

yes i sure will david, might have to see what offer's are about for early summer, will have to squeeze in little old malta again this year as well though, we are lucky we hire a friends appartment in st julian's at a very good price!!!! julie