General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone like the Beach Boys?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Jan 2005 22:04

There's a documentary on on BBC1 in 10 minutes. Alternatively if you like Peter Kay, his Live at the Top of the Tower show is on at 10.40 on the other side. Jeanette x

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 9 Jan 2005 22:06

Sorry No, I`ve got blond-ish hair. Baz

Pat

Pat Report 9 Jan 2005 22:12

OK better late than never Love the Beach Boys. Thanks Jeanette Pat x

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 12 Jan 2005 07:27

Yes Jeanette, love that 'wouldn't it be nice' song! :)

Chris

Chris Report 12 Jan 2005 07:43

Just saw Brian Wilson in concert. Half the programme the old songs - half the programme songs from his new CD Smile.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2005 09:13

So did you watch it then Glitter and Pat? think Brian Wilson has lost the plot but he wrote some great songs. My Dad used to love the Beach Boys and the Mamas and the Papas so I got a bit brainwashed as a kid! lol If you ever get the chance to go and see a tribute band called the Beach Boys Inc make sure you do. They are absolutely brilliant. If I ever win the lottery I'm hiring a big marquee and this band and you're all invited! lol Jeanette x

Chris

Chris Report 12 Jan 2005 19:10

Jeanette, I agree. Poor guy looked like he'd had a stroke. But the band and the music was fantastic. The beach boys' music touched many generations so that showed in the audience - from the young ones through to a few real old ones enjoying themselves!