General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Total fire ban

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 10 Jan 2005 07:35

To-morrow, 80% of Victoria Australia has been declared a day of Total fire ban. (37c) Pleeeeassse...no fires for Vic. Tony Victoria, Australia.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 07:46

Tony. Thats like advertising to the looneys that its time to go out and light a fire. There is always one...

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 10 Jan 2005 07:53

There gunna do it anyway Mary. Its on the evening News. Lets only hope that people have cleaned up and prepared for summer in the Country area's. Tony

Trudi

Trudi Report 10 Jan 2005 08:00

Hi Tony I hope the public take heed of the warning unlike here on New Years Day when it was close to 40 here in WA we went out to Whiteman Park for a barbecue with the family. We chose a nice shady spot which had a gas barbecue and glanced over at once stage to a group of people that had a wood barbie going. We were suprised that the staff of the park allowed that on such a hot day.The park was by no means busy there as hardly anyone was there. We were certainly surprised so I hope people listen and be careful. I know there is a very small minority that really don't care or listen to these warnings and that most of us do care. Kind regards Trudi

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 10 Jan 2005 08:07

Hi Trudi. Yes, amazing as you say. I dont think its so much the Temp. Its the winds that fan these fires. Mildura will reach 40c. I have relo's in Donald,Mildura,Rochester. Also my kids are holidaying at Whitehill's ( Bendigo.) and Ballarat. Tony Oz

Rupert

Rupert Report 10 Jan 2005 08:47

Hi Tony, So that time of year is with you again. When we livid in Ringwood every time there was a fire in the Dandenongs we had apanoramic view of it from the kitchen and laundry. Anyone who hasnt seen such a fire would not beleive their eyes where the flames jumped 1/2mile or more across trees. One year I think it was 72/73 even our outskirts were d oused with waterin case of sparks. Dreadful to think that raving idiots start these deliberately and cost the lives of innocent people. Rupert.

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 10 Jan 2005 09:02

G'day Ray ( Rupert.) Yes, you know what its like having lived here. What annoys me the most, is these D... heads,( for use of a better word.) that start these fires, sit back and watch the action. I always get very conncerned at this time of the year, especially this year, as my children are on holidays in Central Vic. Cheers mate. Tony Oz

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 10 Jan 2005 09:08

Hi Debra. I'm O'k, as i live in the outer built up area's of Melbourne. We are close to the Dandenong ranges,as was Rupert, but just far enough away if something happens. It.s my kids that concern me at the moment. It just goes through your mind, thats all. ( a parent thing ) Tony x

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 10 Jan 2005 09:10

G'day Bill. We had caravans at Inverloch. 1980s Gippsland is the tops mate. Where are you situated. Tony Oz

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 10 Jan 2005 09:42

Omeo.. A little slice of Heaven. lol My parent -in law's were at Mount Beauty1970s. Yes, your right Bill. The coastal area's would be Chock'a block now. Tony

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 10 Jan 2005 10:58

Anthony Sorry to butt in but can you or anyone tell me how long mail takes from OZ to England???? Am trying to be patient while i wait for the birth cert, but am not suceeding LOL

June

June Report 10 Jan 2005 11:00

Hi Shelli, I have received letters in 2 days, but that was unusual, it normally takes 4 days. Hope you and the kids are ok Love June xx

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 10 Jan 2005 11:02

June thanks for that, the money left credit card on 5th , don't wanna start pestering postie or people will talk LOL. Once i get his cert i can order the marriage for which Anthony kindly got me the ref for, just wanna confirm maiden name beofer taking the plunge. We're all fine, hope you're feeling better too

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 10 Jan 2005 11:10

Hi Shelli. June is right. Anything from 4-5 days normally. I sent a parcel just before Christmas to a branch-relo off my line living in Essex. It took about a week to reach her from memory. Tony Oz

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 10 Jan 2005 11:13

SOOOOOO I should have it by the end of this week???????? money left account on 5th Wens so allowing ofr w/end maybe even by Wenes????? Brilliant, am SOOOOO excited and it's not even my family, it's my ex mum in laws!!!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 07:49

Tony . Fires in SA. Told you there would be some today as soon as the fire bans are anounced on the tv or radio. Its loony season again. Mary

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 11 Jan 2005 08:44

Tony are your kids ok I saw on the news your worst fears happened and the fires are close to Ballarat, also for every one else there are bad fires in Sth. Australia death toll already confirmed 5 dead and they say there will be more so its started Aussies clear your blocks and be sensible please Regards Laraine