General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Question from my 10yr old

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 13:42

why do you get in a taxi but on a bus?

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 13:47

i haven't got a clue either--at least i'm not the only daft one

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 13:49

but you don't have to step up if its one of those buses that can lower themselves to pavement level and London taxis you have to step up to get in them

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 13:55

Arthur you spoil sport lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 14:02

Buses used to be open topped whereas Hansom Cabs were fully enclosed.

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 10 Jan 2005 14:05

Dont ya love kids, god bless them. Cant think of an original answer, except that a taxi has more exits than a bus. Get out of a Taxi and Get off the bus. I have no honest explanation for what i just said. Tony Oz lol

Susan

Susan Report 10 Jan 2005 14:08

excellent one my little boy jamie aged 5 last thursday went to see 101 dalmations at chester theatre didnt get back till about 5.30pm on the friday morning his sister kimberley came down said mum jamie wont get up i went up to him i said time to get up jamie he said mummy can friday be in the weekend this weekend cause im too tired for school we couldnt be without them could we?!?!?!?!?

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 14:19

my 7yr old said to me last tuesday morning(first day back at school after xmas) "i hate getting up so early for school,why can't we have a day off sometimes"

Lindy

Lindy Report 10 Jan 2005 14:32

You get in and out of a taxi and open and close the door. You get on and off a bus and the door closes automatically. I think.... Lindy;-))

Brian

Brian Report 10 Jan 2005 14:50

As the song goes..."There are more questions than answers". Brian, ;-D

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 14:57

it does,i'll pass it on