General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my little girls all grown up boo hoo

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 13:55

on saturday my eldest daughter told me she knows father christmas isn't real. we were discussing her christmas presents when she just blurted out "its ok i know hes not real" after trying to pretend i didn't know what she was on about i had to give in and accept shes all grown up. so i'm sitting there with tears in my eyes and she said "why are you crying" because youre all grown up i reply only to be told to stop being stupid.so i then said "i suppose i'll have to give you a talk about sex now then" needless to say that shut her up!!

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 10 Jan 2005 14:04

Karen, i can just picture the screwed up face saying "YUK" when you said that!! :O)

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 10 Jan 2005 14:11

How old is she Karen? Jack x

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 14:16

shes 10 (going on 18)

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 10 Jan 2005 14:26

Bless her. I'm hoping my 7 year old will manage another couple of years, no thanks to 'the boys at school' who keep telling the girls there is no Santa! Jack x

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 14:29

Jack, i have the same thing with my 7yr old,the boys keep telling her hes not real but luckily shes thinks theyre stupid boys!!! I said to my 10yr old that she musn't tell younger one and surprisingly she said she wouldn't because she loves christmas and still wants to do the mince pie,carrot etc.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 14:32

Jude lucky you ,i've got 2 girls.though i suspect my daughter knows more than i would probably like her to at her age i got 2 great books on the subject last week,it might be time to get them out .

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 10 Jan 2005 14:35

My daughter also thinks that boys are stupid lol. Jack x

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Jan 2005 14:36

Sue, i'd forgotten about the tooth fairy and the easter bunny----do you think i'll still get away with those???? maybe not