General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for a miracle worker...can you help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

chezzy

chezzy Report 11 Jan 2005 10:59

hi..hate moaning etc but im so stuck and fustrated today.can someone help please??..... looking for an akward rellie William King b,bacup,haslingden around 1881(got that from his marr cert in june 1902 given age 21)know his father is also called William king both were quarryman.address at time of marr(to catherine mcmanus) was brewery st,bacup. tried 1837 between 1880 and mar 1882 and cant find him,a lady checked bmd and found a william henry sept 1876 but may be bit early for him(should have been 26 in 1902)?? looking for a miracle at the minute,can you help?? thankyou kindly.x

chezzy

chezzy Report 11 Jan 2005 11:14

thanks linda,will give it a try.

chezzy

chezzy Report 11 Jan 2005 12:17

thanks linda..im at a loss.blackburn isnt too far away from haslingden so im thinking the 1880 june qtr is him..and my gran has got her wires crossed and its williams dad william that was born haslingden not this william?? is there a way i can check parentage b4 ordering certs do you know??saying that ive only got his fathers name to go on..dnt know whom his mother is yet?....not going so good today.thanks loads to you linda youve been a star.x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Jan 2005 12:32

Where was the younger William in 1901? What birthplace is given? Does that confirm your information, - or provide another lead? Where was he in 1891, With his family? Can you find a suitable William KING, senior in the 1881 census. Perhaps he was a quarryman then? If you follow him in 1891 and 1901 you might know if it's the right family.

chezzy

chezzy Report 11 Jan 2005 14:34

hi gwyneth,i havent found william yet...but did find posssible family on 1901(that someone sent)with william snr being 60 b.stacksteads lancs with wife sarah king and 6children with them...no sign of william??but if he wasnt born in bacup as ive been searching for i will have overlooked him.havent had any help with requests for 1891 lookups....