General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family. Apologises if this has been on before.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Jan 2005 13:46

> > F A M I L Y > > > > > I ran into a stranger as he passed by, > "Oh excuse me please" was my reply. > > > > > He said, "Please excuse me too; > I wasn't watching for you." > > > > > We were very polite, this stranger and I. > We went on our way and we said good-bye. > > > > > But at home a different story is told, > How we treat our loved ones, young and old. > > > > > Later that day, cooking the evening meal, > My son stood beside me very still. > > > > > When I turned, I nearly knocked him down. > "Move out of the way," I said with a frown. > > > > > He walked away, his little heart broken. > I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken. > > > > > While I lay awake in bed, > God's still small voice came to me and said, > > > > > "While dealing with a stranger, > common courtesy you use, > but the family you love, you seem to abuse. > > > > > Go and look on the kitchen floor, > You'll find some flowers there by the door. > > > > > Those are the flowers he brought for you. > He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue. > > > > > He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise, > you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes." > > > > > By this time, I felt very small, > And now my tears began to fall. > > > > > I quietly went and knelt by his bed; > "Wake up, little one, wake up," I said. > > > > > "Are these the flowers you picked for me?" > He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree. > > > > > I picked 'em because they're pretty like you. > I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue." > > > > > I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today; > I shouldn't have yelled at you that way." > He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay. > I love you anyway." > > > > > I said, "Son, I love you too, > and I do like the flowers, especially the blue." > > > > > FAMILY > Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company > that we are working for could easily replace us in > a matter of days. > But the family we left behind will feel the loss > for the rest of their lives. > > > > > And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more > into work than into our own family, > an unwise investment indeed, > don't you think? > > > > > Do you know what the word FAMILY means? > FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU > >

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 11 Jan 2005 13:48

It has, but glad to see it again. Thank you! Linda x

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 11 Jan 2005 14:00

I didn't see it the first time. It's lovely - makes you think! Jack x

Val

Val Report 11 Jan 2005 14:04

I didn't see it before really makes you think cheers

Sarah

Sarah Report 11 Jan 2005 14:14

Thankyou. it made me cry. I could have been me!!! Sarahx