General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cat problems

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Jan 2005 18:31

My 4 yo moggy has suddenly starting pooping everywhere except the litter tray. She's never done anything like this before - I'm puzzled! Any ideas (shoot the cat not an option!) Lisa

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Jan 2005 18:36

Did clean it yesterday but she'd already started doing this b4 I cleaned it! Lisa

Alfred

Alfred Report 11 Jan 2005 18:47

Lisa: Have you changed the type of cat litter recently? If not, I suggest (a) move the position of the tray; (b) use a different litter or the same - we use Tesco OB for our 6 cats - and make sure you have a good depth of cat litter; (c) next time before she poops,pick her up and dump her in the tray if this is possible. Apart from this, you might get your cat checked at the vet's in case there is some other underlying cause to the problem. Regards: Fred Cree

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Jan 2005 19:00

She's still peeing in tray - little madam - but not pooping! Haven't changed her cat litter recently She does seem a bit subdued though! Lisa

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 20:34

Lisa Strump is right, they have a gland called the anul gland, dogs also have this and sometimes they have to be emptied. My cat had hers done twice in about 6 weeks, she had other syptoms as well at the time though - but it worked. Good luck:o) Jude sarf wales

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Jan 2005 08:19

Thanks for all help - think we will be off to the vet soon. Fred - if Icould catch her in the act (or before the act!) I would - but she poops in the middle of the night - needs her privacy, I suppose!!! Ah well, be grateful for small mercies - at least she doesn't have the runs! Lisa