General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'll swing for him

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 12 Jan 2005 20:26

The dog before anyone is worried. He is 12yrs of age and still thieving. In the kitchen cooling were an apple pie, a quiche and a chicken pie to go in freezer. We had already cut into one apple pie for dessert and husband remarked how nice it was. Ten minutes after I came up to the computer, husband goes into kitchen and finds the crumbs. The dog has had a good dinner, got the titbits husbands always leaves and then this - well if he has the trots tonight - serve him right - I'm not getting up. Ann

badger

badger Report 12 Jan 2005 20:29

It just goes to show your dog likes good cooking Ann, you should be pleased at the accolade, he he .Fred.ptfg.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 12 Jan 2005 20:32

Funny to you |Fred - I am spitting feathers here!!

Clare

Clare Report 12 Jan 2005 20:42

better put some paper down tonite,poor thing will have belly ache later.enough of being nice,send him to his basket and stare at him,my dog puts his head down in shame when we do it to him,ignore him then all evening

badger

badger Report 12 Jan 2005 20:44

Yeah ,right enough Ann,if i had a dog do that it would spend the next week living in the greenhouse.We had a cat years ago that wen't daft on crisps,but a dog liking apples is a new one on me.Fred.ptfg.

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 12 Jan 2005 20:45

Sorry for laughing Ann but with 2 thieves of my own, I can empathize. Last Christmas, my friend and I took our usual trip to Canada to buy all the lovely English stuff for the stockings. Next morning, she rang me to say that her dog had eaten nearly all of it. 4 selection boxes, 8 boxes of Rowntrees pastilles and heaven knows how many Walnut Whips. To add to the insult, the vet bill was nearly $300!

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 12 Jan 2005 20:54

is he a labrador by any chance? Dee x

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 12 Jan 2005 21:00

We always know when he has been naughty (before we find the evidence) he is either under the sideboard or in the lounge behind one of the armchairs. It has been a battle of wills ever since he arrived here from Blue Cross at the age of 6 weeks - in spite of putting up a determined front the humans usually lose! He is a little toerag. I know everyone is laughing - a friend was on MSN and told me she had had to run to the toilet as she was laughing so much. Ann

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 12 Jan 2005 21:02

He is a pointer/lab cross - mum was a lab and he looks like his father - all his siblings were like mum - black and quite - should have known better even in Blue Cross he was known as the 'noisy one'.

Len

Len Report 12 Jan 2005 21:33

Got a springer and a cocker, they both like fruit( and pretty well anything else they can cadge), I usually have some fruit in the evening, if I say "what shall I have tonight? an apple?? (deadly silence!!) or shall Ihave a banana" my cocker then goes balistic, hes mad about them, the springer loves pear's, and I have to save him the core. Len

Angela

Angela Report 12 Jan 2005 21:37

my jack russell likes grapes and raisins anything sweet in fact he likes everything except peas

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 12 Jan 2005 21:39

hi ann i know just excatly how you feel we have 4 dogs and one is a scavenger to say the least lol mum and dad came round with 2 freshly baked loaves..yummmmm we had to go out so we left them at the back of the work top out of reach,as we thought archie ,as always, was shut in the kitchen so he didnt ransack the house. on our arrival home i went to let archie out of the kitchen. he could hardly move!!! all we had left of the 2 large loaves were the paper bags that the baker had put them in!!! needless to say he wasnt fed for the rest of the day susie

BrianW

BrianW Report 12 Jan 2005 22:08

Trader, one of our black labs is a born thief. As a puppy he was very fussy on dog food and it took ages to find one he would eat, he's still fussy on dog food. But human food is fair game. Almost absolutely anything he can nick. One of our neighbour makes great sponges but I have lost count of the times we have told her how nice the sponge was, when in fact the Trader has got to it before us.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 12 Jan 2005 22:31

Our son has always insisted it is in Monty's genes - his mum was found living on the streets with seven 4wk old pups. He wears himself out - checking his dish everytime he hears a rattle in the kitchen. I have lost count over the years what he has nicked. On walks he will check any wrappings that have been thrown away and he has wolfed down that much cling film which has been around food it is a wonder the poo does not come out ready wrapped for disposal!