General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HAS ANYONE GOT SOMEONE SPECIAL FROM THIS SITE THAT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kaz

kaz Report 13 Jan 2005 10:16

the person i cant thank enough is Moira, you made that call for me and now i am going to the Trisha show in two weeks and my dad and i may get to meet relatives we have never seen before! Your my angel and i will never forget you, i cant thank you enough!! kaz

Zoe

Zoe Report 13 Jan 2005 10:29

mine is She Wray who throughout last year was a tower of strength for me following the death of my brother. She went out of her way to phone me regularly to check up on me, knowing I'm almost 500 miles away from any family and friends, which can be terribly lonely at the best of times.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Jan 2005 10:31

Yes Kaz but I'm not sure she wants her name in lights! lol She has done loads of look ups for me and if she comes across anyone with my family name whilst doing other look ups, she always sends me them. She is a mine of info for Yorkshire and always seems to have some resource available to answer your questions. I don't want to make her blush, but she's based in the North Riding! lol Jeanette x

Val

Val Report 13 Jan 2005 10:37

yes hugo baznann he has been a true friend to me and listened to my moaning and crying over these past month he is a very dear friend and im proud to call him my friend we have shared laughs and cried together but he is always there xxx

badger

badger Report 13 Jan 2005 11:13

No one extra special,but a good number of special people for the support given me before and after major surgery whom i can never thank enough,part of the gr family .Thanks tons guys ,and gals.Fred.ptfgxxx

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 13 Jan 2005 11:53

Id'e like to thank GR, for putting a great site on the net. And i would like to thank everyone, for all the interesting threads. Tony Oz. ps. O'h yes.Thanks Debra for thanking me....Mate

kaz

kaz Report 13 Jan 2005 11:56

i quite agree tony, this is a really good site to be on, long may it continue!! Kaz

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 13 Jan 2005 12:05

Thank you for the lookups and information from many of you. Thank you for the company and the interesting threads. Thank you for trusting us all with your problems and moans. Thank you to my hubby and daughter for not moaning at me for being on the computer! Jacky :-)

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Jan 2005 12:17

Theres too many to mention, but i did contact Martyn as we had ancestors that wed, and are removed cousins 4/5 times, and we are now dating, so i suppose genes should get a thankyou lol sandra

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 13 Jan 2005 12:20

oh gawd,where do i start.lol i have made so many wonderful friends on this site and would like to thank all the genes team for making that happen they all know who they are thankyou so much susie

Mo

Mo Report 14 Jan 2005 01:32

Hi there, thanks Karen for taking time out to post this thread, as I said I feel humbled that it was such a thankful geasture I done for you and your family. Sometimes we forget that something so simple to us makes life have such a better outlook to others, just a thanks of appreciation gives us a boost we dont forget. I would personally like to thank all the friends I have met on GR and who have taken time out to reply to threads Ive posted over the past few months, especially INNER PEACE AT LAST (a thread I posted not that long ago) the replies and friends I have made through that post has been tremendous and I felt so overwhelmed by their kinds words. I wish there were more people like this in our world. Kaz I wish you all the best with your forthcoming TV programme and cant wait to see it. love MO xxx PS If you happen to see David Beckham when you are on TV tell him I said hello.