General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need advice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JessyG

JessyG Report 13 Jan 2005 11:36

Ok a little bit personal but need advice on. My partner, over the past few months, seems to have an increased number of texts and phone calls from female friends. it starts of him being an agony uncle for them then they constantly call or text him and it annoys me. i know he has a heart of gold and they look to him for help and advice but i think they forget he has a family now. everytime they call him or text him it means time away from his son. i admit i get jealous of the attention these women get but do u think im over reacting?

kaz

kaz Report 13 Jan 2005 11:42

Jess, i simpathise with u, i would be the very same as u, it wil make u feel less inportant and the fone calls and texts are more inportant than u and ur son. can you not tell ur husband how u feel and maybe come to an agreement that mayb after a certain time he doesnt response to his calls? Its worth a try, compromise i say!! Good luck! Kaz

JessyG

JessyG Report 13 Jan 2005 11:45

we have spoken about it yes. ive told him how i feel and he said he understood then last night one of them phoned and he carried on talking to her. id asked him to decide what he wanted for his tea so he told the woman hed call her back which he did...but he asked me first and i said dont want ya to really would prefer it if u would come watch tv with me and ya son.

kaz

kaz Report 13 Jan 2005 11:52

so did he make the call or watch tv with u and ur son? kaz

kaz

kaz Report 13 Jan 2005 11:54

does he do this as a career jess or just to be nice? i see he did make the call, wot did he do after the call? was he on fone for long?

JessyG

JessyG Report 13 Jan 2005 12:05

thanks for all the advice. He did make the call karen but i shouted to him that he'd better not use the house phone cos she keeps him talking for ages and he'd be ringing her mobile. don't think he was on for long cos when i came into the back room he was in the kitchen doing ryan's bottles. i ahve tried not to let it get to me but it ain't worked. I trust him completly its other women i dont trust around him. i know he would never cheat on me as he has too much to lose and loves us both so much!

kaz

kaz Report 13 Jan 2005 12:10

it does sound like u havent anything to worry abt jess, may be he just likes to help ppl in distress, i can appreciate how frustrating it must be for u though if he is always on the phone, i agree some women u can not trust, hope it all works out for you!! kaz

Joan

Joan Report 13 Jan 2005 12:15

Jess, men love to feel neended. Its the other women who are the danger. They can inveigle their way into a mans affections without him even realising. They are crafty, clever,cunning little so&so's! who know what they are doing. Your poor husband will become a pawn in an ugly game if you dont save him! I am not trying to be hurtful here, please believe me, Trust your hubby, but no -one else. Joan.

JessyG

JessyG Report 14 Jan 2005 10:22

Hi all She didn't ring him last night...dunno if she text him though. he actually sat down with me and ryan and watched tv although ryan then had a crying fit for over an hour and who calmed him down...my partner lol thanks for the advise...really appreciate it...you guys are the best!

Fairy

Fairy Report 14 Jan 2005 10:28

He's obviously a nice person who cares about others, which is a good atribute to have. However he has to be made to understand that you and his son have to be first prioroity. Good luck. Jo.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jan 2005 10:33

Hi Jess, He is obviously a good Dad. Keep telling him how much you need him to listen to you and your problems. It is the being needed he wants and somehow these females have latched on to that. does he perhaps feel he is coming second to your son with you. make a fuss of him and tell him how great he is with both of you. Then ask him to tell these women that he would rather they didn't contact him too much. You don't have to have a row over it. stay calm and explain how you feeel and how much YOU need him to be there for you and Ryan Ann Glos