General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

REALLY HACKED OFF NOW!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bernie

Bernie Report 13 Jan 2005 14:12

I would really like an answer to this one! Typical, out doing the dreaded food shopping when I see a till will a few people in the queue, I rush over to get in that queue because its not as long as the one I'd previously been standing in then bugger me the person in front has a problem, i.e. forgot her pin and her card won't go through, broken item in her shopping, a supervisor has to be called etc etc. I realised I should of stayed where I was, why does this happen? Sorry all have gone into moan mode, having a really bad day!!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 13 Jan 2005 14:18

Guaranteed to happen every time! Well it does to me. Christine

Merlin

Merlin Report 13 Jan 2005 14:21

It,s Called "Sods Law" and its around everywhere, don,t worry,you,re not alone,I often wonder Why it is that people never seem to realise that you have to pay for the things at the checkout and wait untill everything is packed before finding their purse/credit card etc. thus making everyone else wait their convenience. Hal.

badger

badger Report 13 Jan 2005 14:21

The main reason why i hate supermarkets whilst shopping with Liz,it happens to her every week ,and i get my ear bent all the way home ,and it ain' my fault [sniff] lol.Fred.ptfg.

Patricia

Patricia Report 13 Jan 2005 14:22

Oh tell me about it.. It takes double the time to pay for it than the go round picking it out....Oh how I hate shopping... Pat

Bernie

Bernie Report 13 Jan 2005 14:25

And to make matters worse the queue I was originally in has gone down and served about 20 customers while I'm still stood in my queue like a lemon.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 13 Jan 2005 14:27

I thought I was the one who that always happens to-Rose

Bernie

Bernie Report 13 Jan 2005 14:29

While on the subject of supermarkets what about the cashiers who send your shopping into orbit when their putting it through the till!

Scrummy

Scrummy Report 13 Jan 2005 15:06

I have found that 10 items or less or baskets only take a lot longer as its the paying that takes the time, so sometimes its quicker to get behind one person with a big load that 10 or more with small baskets brenda

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 13 Jan 2005 18:22

PMSL!!!! Sorry Bernice - but that ALWAYS happens to me LOL Anne in Kent