General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FAMILY TREE CHANNEL 4 TELETEXT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 13 Jan 2005 17:30

Just wondered if anyone has used this Family tree teletext to help them find their descendants. I have been reading these pleas for help for a long time. NOW ADVICE NEEDED I have found a nephew(half sisters son) that lives in Yorkshire. I realized the other day when I was reading the pleas,that my nephew has put some names on the tv quite a while ago(not the names I am researching)I think they were on his fathers side. Do you think that I should put the info I have about my dad and his first wife on the teletext family tree to see if he would get in touch. Just a bit wary as I don't want to upset him but it is better than sending a letter,at least this way I am giving him the option to get in touch. Sue

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 13 Jan 2005 18:21

Kb and Budgie PAGE 154 and 155 but I was asking for advice please Sue

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 13 Jan 2005 18:45

Sue, I think he would have the option to reply whichever you choose. I personally think the letter approach would be a more private way of doing it. Good luck in your quest. Love Jenny x

Patricia

Patricia Report 13 Jan 2005 19:53

I read the pages every Monday, But never found anything.. well done!!!! Pat

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 13 Jan 2005 22:47

hi sue,i think you should put your details on,like you say its upto your nephew then.good luck. debs.x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Jan 2005 08:12

I'm with Jenny on this. I think I'd send a private letter. It was Teletext that got me started on all this,1996 when I answered a request for people with my maiden name to contact..... The rest as they say is history!

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 14 Jan 2005 11:45

I agree with others on this one. Send a private letter. Although he would have the option of replying if on the screen, there may be others who also look at the pages that could be afffected by the details appearing. Good luck with whatever you decide

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 14 Jan 2005 22:06

Thanks everyone for your advice. You have all made me see that sending a private letter will be the best option. Just so nervous. Sue