General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LAMB SHANK NUMBER 2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 14 Jan 2005 00:41

Hi. I added the thread about Lamb Shank when i looked back it had gone. Thankyou for answering I cant wait for you Replys. Mary

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 14 Jan 2005 00:43

Mary. Thanks for getting back to us. I really have to go now. But will add my reply first thing in the morning. Much too tired now. Jenny.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 14 Jan 2005 00:44

Here goes again - am assuming you mean what I call a leg of lamb - if so, slit the skin of the lamb in several places and tuck in a piece of rosemary in each slit and roast in usual way. Sometimes I do the same thing but use garlic instead of rosemary. Ann

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2005 00:53

same as ann,but i add garlic in some slots,and onion in other. bryan.

Crista

Crista Report 14 Jan 2005 02:53

I think Mary means to thinner lower part of the leg. Another good recipe is to sprinkle a packet of onion soup mix over the leg, wrap it in foil and let it cook on a low heat for about 5 hours. Crista

Sean

Sean Report 14 Jan 2005 09:02

Brown the lamb shank in a frying pan with a little oil, then put to one side. Keep it warm. Then fry a chopped onion and two cloves of crushed garlic in the same oil til golden brown, then stir in a little flour. Make up about half a litre of chicken stock and pour into the pan and stir. Then add a large glass of red wine, a sprig of rosemary, a sprig of thyme and a bay leaf. Put the lamb shank into a casserole and pour the contents of the pan over it. Cover the casserole and cook on the middle shelf of the oven at gas mark 3 for at least two and a half hours Regards Sean

Mary

Mary Report 14 Jan 2005 10:41

Thankyou all very much for the lovely ideas you have given me.WE had it as a pub lunch last year with roast spuds very nice.Im spoilt for choice now but will try them in turn. Thankyou. Mary

Wendy

Wendy Report 14 Jan 2005 11:07

Lamb done in the slow cooker is fantastic.Put it in as it is for about 5 hours on high.It'll be wonderfully tender.I use the slow cooker a lot ,I cook most things in it. Wendy