General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Had to kill a snake today!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Oz

Sue In Oz Report 14 Jan 2005 18:03

I had to kill a snake today. It was a dugite and my puppy had seen it in the sandpit. He goes and digs in there and I didn't want him to get bitten. Had to do it quickly but not a nice job. I would prefer to put it somewhere else in the bush but sometimes you get no choice and have to act fast. Puppy safe and sound thank god! Sue

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 14 Jan 2005 18:04

Rather you than me Sue!!! Glad you and puppy are ok Christine

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 14 Jan 2005 18:12

Oh God Sue - the main reason I couldn't live in Oz! I'm petrified of snakes - even earthworms make me shudder!

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2005 18:21

eek! erm - do they appear in the Victoria area????

Rupert

Rupert Report 14 Jan 2005 18:36

I don't know the snake in question but in Victoria there is one really venomous type called a Copperhead. Our kitten caught ababy one which I killed , our neighbour told me to let the kitten out and she went into another neighbours garden and they found anest of them . What arow therewas!. Rupert,

Sidami

Sidami Report 14 Jan 2005 18:50

Sue, How awful I would be scared stiff I have a phobia about snakes. Sue................

Anne from Scotland

Anne from Scotland Report 14 Jan 2005 19:12

Sue Yuuck - I could not have done that! I am terrified of snakes!! Well done you! Anne xx

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 14 Jan 2005 19:28

I don't what it is about snakes,but I freeze when I se them.I can't even see ictures in books.I would be no good coping with one.-

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2005 19:31

eek - have to make sure my little angel over there dosnt pick them up thinking they are toys - shes picked up a couple of spiders so far!

Anne from Scotland

Anne from Scotland Report 14 Jan 2005 19:37

Kaylene where do you live?