General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My First Certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 14 Jan 2005 23:52

I've just ordered my first certificate online. I've never ordered one before by any method - my dad has bought them all before and we haven't bought one for ages. This one is for my hubby's family history. I keep joking that I'm going to buy some certs for my inlaws for pressies as it's their history I'm doing at the moment and take a copy of them for myself first! So can't wait til it drops through my letterbox! The website said that due to the programme 'Who do you think you are' they have been inundated with requests for certs so they may take a little longer than usual. So here's hoping that the marriage cert of Hannah Baker and Thomas Robinson gives me lots of information to take me further back on their line!! Joanne

Sam

Sam Report 15 Jan 2005 00:12

Hi Joanne They have been taking aaaages...about 4-5 weeks in my experience just lately. I'm very sad and find myself rushing home from work hoping I will find that one has been delivered! I have ordered about 15 certificates since I started 6 months ago, problem is, only 10 of them are the right ones! On a more serious note, I have found that the ones ordered from local register offices take about 4 days whereas the ones from the GRo are taking weeks! Good luck Sam

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 15 Jan 2005 00:20

Hi Sam I'm assuming this one is the right one........ I've ordered it from the GRO so won't hold my breath for a speedy delivery then :) Joanne ps I've got a few more that I want to order, but will order just 1 or 2 a month. I'll get them past my hubby that way :)

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 15 Jan 2005 00:25

I know what you mean Joanne.Ive got to sneak mine in as well!!!

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 15 Jan 2005 00:29

Joanne I got my mum in law interested and she brought her parents marriage cert as well as their birht certs for me!!! i took copies before i passsed them over!!!!

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 15 Jan 2005 00:31

also just to make you sick....... i ordered one online one 5Jan and it arrived today!!!!!!!! Forgot to add it came from Australia I'm in England!!!! Amazing ain't it ?????